Selecting a Spokane car accident lawyer
Your case depends on selecting a great attorney to represent you. It is important to select an accident attorney who is local and focuses on personal injury law. An attorney who focuses on car accidents and personal injury law understands how to create strong cases and can take a case to trial if necessary. We have successfully helped our clients achieve maximized compensation for their pain and suffering, medical costs, property damages, other losses and future losses. Please feel free to see our long history of verdicts and settlements.
Do I need a car accident lawyer?
If severe injuries are involved you will often receive drastically more compensation with an experienced, local attorney than you would without one. That said, not every accident or fender bender in Spokane or Spokane Valley requires an attorney. However, you should call us as soon as possible to help you determine this. We will only offer our assistance to you if it is going to help you. While some scrapes and bruises heal easily, other accidents, especially highway accidents such as wrecks on Interstate 90 and Highways 395, 95 and 2 often result in more severe, traumatic, life changing injuries.
While we recognize that it may be impossible to restore your life to the way it was prior to your accident, we believe in holding the responsible party accountable for your losses. We do this by tenaciously pursuing financial compensation entitled to you by law.
What To Do After An Injury In A Spokane Traffic Accident
Your actions after an accident should include a call to 911 no matter how minor you feel the incident is. Let officers write up a collision report and verify information from the at-fault driver. You should also let paramedics know where you are hurting. You must head immediately to the hospital if necessary.
There are a few other investigative details you can secure on the scene if you aren’t hurt too badly:
- Take plenty of photos. Pull out your cellphone to capture the damage to cars, any property damage along the road, and your personal items. Take pictures of any visible injuries.
- Discuss what happened with witnesses. Find out what they saw. Get their contact information.
- Note if there may be any security cameras in the area that were rolling during your accident.
- See your own doctor in the days that follow. Have the physician check any new pains that arise in the days after the collision. Follow all of the directions the doctor gives you and see any recommended specialists.
- Don’t talk about what happened. Discussing fault in the accident or the severity of your injuries with the other driver or with their insurance representatives will hurt your case. Insurance companies can use your statements (especially recorded statements) as ammunition to cast doubt on your claim.
- Call an established and well-regarded local law firm. You can forfeit valuable evidence and thousands of dollars in compensation when you don’t start preparing your case right from the start. Allow a skilled attorney to oversee the legal side of things for you while you focus on healing. This service provided by a personal injury attorney includes handling insurance companies and combatting their tactics designed to rob you of compensation.