Selecting a Spokane car accident lawyer
Your case depends on selecting a great attorney to represent you. It is important to select an accident attorney who is local and focuses on personal injury law. An attorney who focuses on car accidents and personal injury law understands how to create strong cases and can take a case to trial if necessary. We have successfully helped our clients achieve maximized compensation for their pain and suffering, medical costs, property damages, other losses and future losses. Please feel free to see our long history of verdicts and settlements.
Do I need a car accident lawyer?
If severe injuries are involved you will often receive drastically more compensation with an experienced, local attorney than you would without one. That said, not every accident or fender bender in Spokane or Spokane Valley requires an attorney. However, you should call us as soon as possible to help you determine this. We will only offer our assistance to you if it is going to help you. While some scrapes and bruises heal easily, other accidents, especially highway accidents such as wrecks on Interstate 90 and Highways 395, 95 and 2 often result in more severe, traumatic, life changing injuries.
While we recognize that it may be impossible to restore your life to the way it was prior to your accident, we believe in holding the responsible party accountable for your losses. We do this by tenaciously pursuing financial compensation entitled to you by law.
What To Do After An Injury In A Spokane Traffic Accident
Your actions after an accident should include a call to 911 no matter how minor you feel the incident is. Let officers write up a collision report and verify information from the at-fault driver. You should also let paramedics know where you are hurting. You must head immediately to the hospital if necessary.
There are a few other investigative details you can secure on the scene if you aren’t hurt too badly:
- Take plenty of photos. Pull out your cellphone to capture the damage to cars, any property damage along the road, and your personal items. Take pictures of any visible injuries.
- Discuss what happened with witnesses. Find out what they saw. Get their contact information.
- Note if there may be any security cameras in the area that were rolling during your accident.
- See your own doctor in the days that follow. Have the physician check any new pains that arise in the days after the collision. Follow all of the directions the doctor gives you and see any recommended specialists.
- Don’t talk about what happened. Discussing fault in the accident or the severity of your injuries with the other driver or with their insurance representatives will hurt your case. Insurance companies can use your statements (especially recorded statements) as ammunition to cast doubt on your claim.
- Call an established and well-regarded local law firm. You can forfeit valuable evidence and thousands of dollars in compensation when you don’t start preparing your case right from the start. Allow a skilled attorney to oversee the legal side of things for you while you focus on healing. This service provided by a personal injury attorney includes handling insurance companies and combatting their tactics designed to rob you of compensation.
Car Accident FAQ
A wrongful death claim is a civil lawsuit. In Washington, the victim’s family seeks a wrongful death action when someone’s negligence has contributed to the death of a loved one. A legal representative for the estate asks the negligent party’s insurance provider for financial support. This support is intended to cover hardships like the cost of a funeral, ambulance fees, and emergency response charges. A wrongful death claim can also compensate the family for future hardships when the deceased can no longer provide guidance and monetary support. A civil claim, like a wrongful death lawsuit, is very different from a criminal case. Criminal charges generally result in the punishment of the guilty party after a criminal trial. A criminal verdict does not award any money to the family of the deceased victim. Only a civil case can earn families the support they need to protect themselves financially. The two cases are separate and families can earn compensation from a negligent party through civil proceedings even if the party isn’t found guilty of a criminal act.
People from Idaho drive through Spokane Valley, Spokane and other parts of Washington on a daily basis. If you have been injured near Spokane you will want a Spokane car accident lawyer.
Turo, Lyft, Uber and other car sharing or ride sharing applications are great but present new challenges. If you are injured by a driver using one of these services, a taxi, or a classic car rental agency such as Enterprise or Budget you should still be able to be compensated.
Many collisions in the Washington, Idaho, and the rest of the United States are a result of the negligent actions of a driver. Negligence can be anything from driving on bald tires to driving while intoxicated or being distracted. Distracted drivers could be texting, watching Snapchat, eating fast food, or even playing with their radio instead of looking at where they are going. Sometimes there are additional contributing factors to accidents such as road defects. It is important after any serious injury to have an experienced attorney look at all aspects involved in the wreck. Rear end accidents, head on collisions and T-Bone accidents are very different.
Most insurance companies have one thing in mind when contacting you after an accident and that is to pay out as little money as possible. If there are injuries or fatalities involved in the accident do not speak to them at all without consulting an attorney.
Washington is one of the few states which has adopted pure comparative negligence. If you are injured and partially at fault or even mostly at fault you may still be able recover damages due to the percentage of fault another driver has caused.
Traffic citations are unsupported opinions of police officers that a traffic offense occurred. Traffic court proceedings generally aren’t considered to be reliable and thorough enough to be used against you in a personal injury case.
Unlike some settlement mill style attorneys, our highly trained personal injury lawyers and staff will work closely with you to understand the circumstances surrounding your accident. With the help of expert witnesses, including accident reconstructionists and medical specialists, we will build a strong case supported by facts. Our firm is prepared to fight for your rights, while the majority of cases are settled without a trial, we will not hesitate to bring your case to trial to obtain a fair and favorable outcome in your case.
Additional Car Accident Resources:
- Claims against Washington Insurance Companies
- Claims against WSDOT
- DUI Driver Accidents
- How to Determine Liability in a Car Accident
- Failure to Yield
- Head On Collisions
- Ultimate Guide to Hit-and-Run Accidents
- Insurance Claims
- Lyft Accidents
- Rear End Accidents
- Snowy Road Conditions
- Uber Accidents
- What To Do After An Accident on I-90
- Spokane Car Accident Statistics 2020
- How to Fill Out a MVCR Form After a Washington Accident
- Do I need a car accident lawyer after a fender bender?
- What should I do if the fault in a car accident is unclear?