Personal Injury Lawyer – Post Falls, Coeur d’Alene Idaho

If you or a loved one has been injured in the Post Falls, Coeur d’Alene, or surrounding areas in Idaho, contact us today for a free, friendly consultation. We are caring personal injury attorneys, and our firm has been practicing law since 1948.

CCD Law of Coeur d’Alene safeguards victims across Northern Idaho after they’ve been hurt in a personal injury accident. Victims may have been injured in accidents like a scary car crash, a fall at a store, or a dog bite and be in real need of financial support to pay their medical bills. Contact a skilled, local lawyer for a free case consultation. It’s an easy, no-obligation way to determine how to hold an insurance company fully responsible for your hardships after an accident.

Do I Need a Lawyer after an Accident in Northern Idaho?

If you only suffer very minor injuries in a slip-and-fall accident or a car crash you may not need the help of a lawyer when filing a claim. If your accident only involves property damage, you may not be able to earn more with the help of an attorney. But if your injuries are more serious, such as a broken arm or brain trauma, it’s a good idea to speak to a skilled Coeur d’Alene personal injury lawyer.

When medical bills will be more than a few hundred dollars, you are more likely to meet resistance when you seek help from insurance companies. They’ll pull out tactics to avoid having to pay you what’s fair in compensation. Insurance adjusters will look for ways to change the facts of what happened and blame you. They’ll also try to devalue your case by casting doubt on how serious your injuries are.

Your CCD Law attorney is your shield against this shady behavior. Your lawyer conducts a deep investigation into your accident and gathers all relevant evidence. This evidence is used to build a strong case that insurers will have a hard time poking holes in. Your lawyer backs up the facts and then demands the maximum in compensation available.

What Type of Idaho Accidents Can I Earn Compensation For?

A personal injury claim can be filed for any accident that causes harm to you or a family member and is caused by someone else’s carelessness. This negligence may leave a grocery store chain, a reckless driver, a landlord, or a dog owner fully liable for your injuries and your physical and emotional pain afterward.

Property and business owners and government agencies all owe you a legal “duty of care” when you visit their stores, businesses, apartments and rentals. Government departments must keep you safe from obstacles, like tripping hazards when you visit the DMV or a Lake Coeur d’Alene public park.

Drivers also owe the care as they travel on local roads like I-90 or Government Way. They must pay attention and avoid dangerous maneuvers that could put other motorists and pedestrians at risk. When this basic care is ignored by anyone, and you are hurt, at-fault parties can be sued for their contribution to an accident.

CCD Law helps injured clients win these types of cases and more:

Patients must fight to get the most out of their personal injury claim because they won’t know what costs lie ahead. Additional surgeries or months of physical therapy sessions may be necessary years after an accident. A Northern Idaho personal injury lawyer works with patients with all sorts of injuries to help them earn whatever they need to rebuild their lives.

Common Personal Injury Accidents Treated in Emergency Rooms

Injuries in accidents like car collisions or a fall down an unsafe set of stairs can cause major injuries. These are just a few of the most common injuries treated in Idaho Emergency Rooms like the one at Kootenai Health Hospital:

  • Soft tissue injuries to the neck and cervical spine
  • Simple fractures requiring a cast or more severe fractures requiring surgery
  • Burn injuries
  • Traumatic Brain Injuries ranging from concussion to brain penetration by an object
  • Traumatic spinal cord injuries causing varying degrees of paralysis
  • Puncture wounds from dog bites
  • Eye injuries and other facial injuries

Can I Seek Injury Support If I’m Partly To Blame for an Accident?

Yes. People involved in accidents can share blame and victims can seek compensation even if they are found partly liable. The concept of “comparative negligence” applies. Every state has its own law regarding comparative negligence, and Idaho is a modified comparative negligence state. Pursuant to Idaho’s comparative negligence rule, if a claimant’s total fault is less than 50 percent, he or she can be awarded damages, but any amount of damages attributable to him or her must be deducted from the damages award.

For example, if a claimant was awarded $100,000, but he or she was determined to be 30 percent to blame, the damages award must be reduced to $70,000. If the claimant is determined to be 50 percent or more at fault, Idaho law won’t permit a damages award.

Compensation Available After a Coeur d’Alene Accident

Victims must seek full support for every physical, emotional, and financial damage they’ve suffered and the hardships expected in the years ahead. If a permanent physical disability is diagnosed, patients must demand support for life.

A skilled lawyer helps you determine the extent of the compensation you’ll need so that no expense is left for the victim or the victim’s family to cover.

Here are just a few of the factors that will play a role in determining how much you’ll receive on a personal injury settlement check:

  • Past and future medical bills
  • Any permanent disfigurement
  • Any permanent disability
  • Support for physical pain
  • Support for emotional trauma
  • Past and future lost earnings
  • Reimbursement for travel costs getting to doctor’s appointments while injured

Frequently Asked Questions

How long do I have to file a personal injury claim in Idaho?

In Idaho, personal injury victims have up to two years to file a claim for damages. At CCD Law we suggest moving this civil lawsuit forward as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the harder it will be for you or your attorney to uncover evidence and gather the documents you’ll need to strengthen your case.

What If I Can’t Afford to Pay a Personal Injury Lawyer?

You won’t need to worry about paying a CCD Lawyer until we’ve won your case for you. We only get paid if we are successful on your behalf. Then our fee comes out of the settlement you receive.

Can my family seek support if a loved one is killed in an accident?

Yes. If a loved one is tragically lost in an accident caused by someone’s negligence, families can file wrongful death claims. They’d seek help with burial costs and remaining medical bills. They should also receive financial help for the years ahead when the victim’s income will no longer be available to support the family.

Contact a Northern Idaho Personal Injury Attorney

All victims of Coeur d’Alene accidents or accidents anywhere in Northern Idaho receive a free, confidential consultation with CCD Law. We represent victims in places like Post Falls, Rathdrum, Sandpoint, Moscow, and Silver Valley. Contact us to schedule a free case review. It’s an easy way to find out how to hold insurance companies for at-fault parties fully accountable.

There’s no obligation and your case review is completely confidential. We want to stand by victims until they’ve recovered and have the money to pay every recovery bill. We also work carefully and compassionately to cause as little disruption to victims and their families so they can focus on healing and recovery.

More Information for Victims in Local Cities:

Get in Touch with Us
Discuss your case with an expert

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
*We will get in touch once we review your submission.