Dean Chuang is a Spokane personal injury attorney serving those injured by the negligence of others. Prior to his current practice, Dean was the head of the firm’s criminal law practice, where he specialized in traffic infractions and crimes, DUI defense, and other state and local Spokane criminal defense matters. Having been in a car accident and dealing with insurance companies, Dean understands the stress and frustration that car accidents can bring. He has been an attorney since 2006 and is a member of the Washington State and Spokane County Bar Associations, Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and Washington Association for Justice.
Dean was born in Walla Walla, Washington, and was raised in Tumwater, Washington. He received his undergraduate degree in biology from Whitman College in 2002, and a second undergraduate degree in general studies from the University of Washington in 2003. Dean graduated from Gonzaga University School of Law in 2006, where he was awarded an Army ROTC scholarship. After law school, Dean worked as a public defender in Benton County until he joined the firm of Crary, Chuang & Domanico, P.S., in 2008.
Dean currently serves part-time in the Washington Army National Guard and was activated in 2019-2020. He was deployed to Northern Syria and Iraq in support of Operation Inherent Resolve, where he was awarded the Defense Meritorious Service Medal.
Dean has appeared on Fox and Friends, CNN, Good Morning America, Associated Press, Wall Street Journal, National Public Radio, Spokesman Review, as well as various local news outlets.
Classes and Seminars
- Spokane Bar Association Systemic Racism CLE-Defense counsel perspective on the Application of CrR 3.2, September 2020
- Spokane County Bar Association CLE, Ethical Review of RPCs: Keeping Your Practice on the Straight and Narrow, 2018
- Background Check CLE, Spokane County Bar Association, November 2017
- Spokane County Bar Association CLE, Second Amended Issues, 2016
- National Business Institute, CLE, Firearms Law and Ethical Considerations, 2015
- Marijuana and Driving, Spokane County Bar Association CLE, 2014
- Spokane County Bar Association CLE, Department of Licensing Issues, 2012 – Present
- Annie Get your gun: Gun rights restoration, Spokane County Bar Association CLE, 2013 – Present
- National Association for Legal Professionals, Spokane Chapter, Guest Speaker
- Make My Day: Firearms CLE, Spokane County Bar Association CLE
Publications & Appellate Cases
- State v. Karpov, 195 Wash.2d 288 (2020)
- State v. Taylor, 5 Wash.App.2d 530 (2018)
- City of Spokane vs. Wardrop, et. al, 165 Wash.App. 744, 2011
- City of Spokane v. Mainer, 191 Wash.App. 1034 (2015)(unpublished)
- State v. Cronin, 176 Wash App. 1041 (2013) (Unpublished)
- In Memoriam: John Ross Clark, Washington Criminal Defense, 2010
- Flat Fee Funds, De Novo,2008
- Washington and Idaho State Bar, Member
- Eastern District of Washington and District of Idaho, Member
- Spokane County Bar Association, Member
- Washington Defender Association, Member
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Board of Governors
- Court Rules and Procedures Committee, Member (past)
- The National Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Office of Public Defense Advisory Committee Member, WSBA Representative
- Washington Association for Justice, Eagle Member, Diversity Committee (past)
- Spokane County Bar Association District Court/ Superior Court 2014, 2015, 2016
- Joint Asian Bar Association Evaluation Committee Federal Court Member 2013.
- Washington Army National Guard: 2004- Present
- Graduate of Command and General Staff College
- Graduate of US Army IO Qualification Course
- Graduate of US Army Intelligence Captains Career Course
- Operation Inherent Resolve Veteran