The unfortunate reality is that any car accident that happens in Spokane has the potential to be serious, even fatal. However, the more cars and drivers that are involved only increases this risk. Then, when you add in reckless driving or driving under the influence, it makes these crashes even more severe.
One such crash occurred on Trent Avenue in East Spokane on Friday, August 11, 2023. According to a story from KREM, the Spokane Police Department (SPD) responded to a three-car accident that left two people dead. The accident took place on the 4600 block of Trent Avenue and happened when the first vehicle pulled out in front of another vehicle that was headed west. The vehicles then collided with a utility vehicle. The driver and passenger of the westbound vehicle were pronounced dead at the scene, while SPD detained one driver under the suspicion of driving under the influence.
SPD closed Trent Avenue for hours after the crash while they investigated. Trent Avenue has since been reopened.
What Makes Multi-Vehicle Accidents More Dangerous in Spokane?
It’s easy to see that when more people are in car accidents, there’s a higher chance of more injuries and damage. The example mentioned earlier shows how much harm can happen in multi-car accidents. In Spokane, any reason for a car accident becomes more dangerous if there are many people and vehicles involved. It’s important to understand the special things about these accidents if you’re ever in one. Let’s look at why multi-car accidents in Spokane are more dangerous than other accidents:
- Intensity of impact – Many multi-vehicle accidents involve vehicles colliding at high speeds, which amplifies the impact force and the gravity of resulting injuries.
- Limited maneuverability – These accidents often happen in areas with restricted room, like highways or congested zones with heavy traffic. Maneuvering to avoid collisions becomes challenging for drivers.
- Multiple points of impact – The most significant danger in multi-vehicle accidents is often the domino effect. This means certain vehicles might get struck multiple times from different directions, significantly increasing the likelihood of grave injuries or even fatalities.
- Emotional distress – Involvement in any car accident can be traumatic and distressing,, but this is increased in multi-vehicle accidents. More victims and greater impact can lead to psychological trauma, even if physical injuries aren’t apparent.
Just like any car accident, seeking immediate medical attention after a multi-vehicle accident is crucial. Some injuries may not manifest right away, especially after such an incident. Furthermore, these accidents pose liability challenges, so it’s essential to gather as much information about the involved vehicles as you can. In order to take full advantage of your legal rights, you should also reach out to our team of experienced Spokane car accident lawyers.
Spokane Car Accident Lawyers Ready to Assist You
Here at CCD Law, our skilled and dedicated Spokane car accident lawyers have the knowledge and tools needed to ensure you receive the benefits and help you deserve as per the law. This includes:
- Coverage for medical costs
- Fixing any damage to your vehicle
- Help with emotional distress
- Compensation for pain and suffering
After a multi-vehicle accident, emotional and mental injuries can often stay even after physical injuries have healed. By teaming up with us, we’ll make sure you’re well taken care of. If you’ve been in a car accident in Spokane and want to know more about your choices, contact us today for a free consultation.