Did you know that 28 people die every day in the United States due to crashes that involve alcohol-impaired drivers? That’s 1 every 51 minutes. Also, 800 people are injured every day in drunk driving collisions; that’s 1 injury every 2 minutes!
As Spokane personal injury lawyers, unfortunately we see and hear about accidents which are the direct result of someone’s recklessness every day.
Please feel free to share this graphic and/or statistics with anyone and everyone who could benefit from them.
Impaired Driving Crash Statistics in the United States Infographic:
Impaired driving-related accidents could happen to anyone
- Driving with a BAC of 0.08% or higher is considered alcohol-impaired by law
- You can be impaired and arrested even if your BAC is under 0.08%
- 28 people die every day in the United States due to crashes that involve alcohol-impaired drivers–that’s one death every 51 minutes
- Roughly 800 people are injured every day in drunk driving collisions–that’s one injury every 2 minutes
- On average, 2 out of 3 people will be involved in an impaired driving collision in their life
- Non-alcoholic drugs such as cocaine and marijuana are involved in roughly 18% of motor vehicle-related deaths
Impaired driving affects our surroundings as well
- The estimated annual impact of alcohol-related crashes is over $44 billion
- Young people are at a greater risk of being involved in a crash when impaired
- 19% of traffic fatalities among children 14 and younger were due to impaired driving
Repeat offenders are more common than you think
- Drivers with a BAC of 0.08% or higher that are involved in fatal crashes are 4.5 times more likely to have a prior conviction for impaired driving
- The average drunk driver will drive impaired over 80 times before their first arrest
- Only 1-2% of all drunk drivers are arrested each day
- Up to 75% of convicted drunk drivers continue to drive on suspended licenses