Requesting A Collision Report in Rosalia WA

March 9, 2021

No matter where you are in Washington, there are always going to be careless and reckless drivers on the roads. People looking at their phones may let their car veer into the side of your vehicle. People speeding down the road may lose control and suddenly ram the back of your SUV.

You’d think it would be a clear-cut case and you’d get the support you need to fix your vehicle and recover from any serious injuries you suffered. Unfortunately, when insurance companies get involved the goal can shift from getting you back on your feet to saving their company as much money as possible.

If you are the victim of an accident, don’t expect to get justice from the at-fault driver’s insurance provider. Having an attorney of your own can be the only way to make sure you receive fair treatment and avoid paying dearly for an accident that wasn’t your fault. Contact us for a free evaluation of your case and some guidance on where to go from here.

Getting a Collision Report in Rosalia

Make sure you need to request an accident report before you inquire. If you have an attorney representing your accident case that attorney will be securing the report for you. In a property damage-only collision your insurance agent may also be requesting the report.

If the Whitman County Sheriff’s Department responded to your collision you can find a request form to obtain an accident report on the Sheriff’s Department website records request page. Here you can print out a form. Fill it out with as much information as possible including the names of the drivers involved and a report number if you were given one on the scene.

You can send a completed form by regular mail to the address below. You can also email your request to There is a 15 cent charge per copied page if you need something printed out. For more questions or inquiries about visiting the Sheriff’s Department in person, you can call 509-397-6266.

Whitman County Sheriff’s Office

411 N. Mill Street

Colfax, WA 99111

Getting a Collision Report from the Washington State Patrol

If a Washington State Patrol Officer responded to your accident you’ll be seeking an accident report from the WSP. You can visit their website at to look at your report. If you need a copy of it you’ll be charged $10.50.

Do I need an attorney after a Whitman County accident?

For minor accidents, you generally don’t need to have an attorney watching over your dealings with insurance agents. Car and body repairs have become fairly standardized.

If you suffer a serious injury you will be better served to have an experienced lawyer on your side. The settlement amounts for claims involving injuries can vary widely, but having an attorney on your side can usually result in earning more compensation to help pay your recovery bills and get your life back on track again. Contact us for a consultation that comes with no obligation to you and let us tell you how we can improve your situation.

Related Articles

Get in Touch with Us
Discuss your case with an expert
*We will get in touch once we review your submission.