When there’s a car accident, there’s always the potential of disruption. Unfortunately, car accidents in certain areas of Spokane at particular times of the day can result in heavier issues for you and others on the road. Then, you may also have to deal with injuries and damage to your vehicle.
The morning rush in North Spokane was longer than normal on Friday, October 13, 2023. An accident blocked traffic on North Division Street and Wandermere Road, according to a story from KXLY. Investigators say at least one vehicle was broadsided in the accident, which caused significant traffic delays near Hastings. The crash is still under investigation, and injuries were still being assessed as of Friday afternoon.
Does the Time of Day Impact Car Accidents in Spokane?
Accidents like the one above underscore how the time of day and placement of a car accident can be troubling to you and other drivers. Generally speaking, a car accident can happen at any time in Spokane. However, there’s certain times of the day and other considerations that can not only lead to more accidents, but can also impact the type and severity of the accident itself:
- Rush hour – During morning and evening rush hours, there tends to be a higher volume of traffic on the roads, which can increase the likelihood of accidents. Congestion, aggressive driving, and limited visibility due to the sun’s position can contribute to accidents during these times.
- Nighttime – Accidents are more common at night due to reduced visibility, impaired driving (such as drunk driving), and fatigue. The risk of accidents may be higher between 9 PM and 3 AM.
- Weekends – Friday and Saturday nights are often associated with an increased risk of accidents, as people may be more likely to consume alcohol and engage in late-night driving.
- Weather conditions – Adverse weather conditions, such as rain, snow, or fog, can increase the risk of accidents at any time of day, but they are more common during inclement weather, particularly at night when road crews aren’t at full power.
- Driver fatigue – Accidents can occur during the early morning hours when drivers may be fatigued or drowsy.
Not only does the time of day impact the accident, but there are a variety of other issues at play:
- Weather conditions – Spokane experiences a wide range of weather conditions, including snow and ice in the winter, which can make roads slippery and increase the risk of accidents.
- Road conditions – The state of road infrastructure, maintenance, and construction zones can play a significant role in accidents.
- Traffic congestion – High traffic volumes and congested roads can lead to a higher likelihood of accidents, particularly during rush hours.
- Driver behavior – This includes speeding, distracted driving, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and not following traffic rules.
- Emergency response – The efficiency of emergency services and medical facilities in the area can impact the outcome of accidents.
Contact CCD Law Today After a Spokane Car Accident
After taking care of your health and safety following a car accident, it’s important to reach out to our experienced Spokane car accident lawyers at CCD Law. Time is critical when seeking financial help for your injuries. In Washington, you have three years from the accident date to file a claim. Missing this deadline could mean losing out on important financial support for your recovery, which can include things like:
- Costs relating to medical expenses
- Costs for repair or replacement of your vehicle
- Support for your pain and suffering, or emotional distress
- Financial considerations for the loss of enjoyment of your life or companionship
If you have been involved in a car accident in Spokane, contact us today for a free consultation.