Driving in and around Spokane you’re likely to see a lot of big rigs, tanker trucks, and box trucks. Keeping these giant vehicles in your line of sight can make you feel a little safer, but rolling alongside a large truck for any period of time can make you a bit jumpy. That wall of metal can block out the sun and leave you wondering if the truck driver knows you’re there.
One jerk of the wheel could bring a tractor-trailer into your lane and leave you with no good options. You could swerve away from the truck and end up in the path of another car or off the road entirely. You might end up underneath a tractor-trailer and at real risk of a traumatic injury.
Earning Assistance for Truck Accident Victims in Spokane
After suffering a collision with a big, heavy truck you could be facing a months-long recovery and at the same time receive expenses that will take you years to pay off. Never accept this difficult route back to your normal life when someone else should be on the hook for every single hardship you endure.
If a truck driver’s mistake caused you or a loved one to suffer a serious injury, please contact a Truck Accident Lawyer serving Spokane victims. CCD Law offers a free consultation to any victim and stands ready to compile strong evidence to prove your innocence.
Truck drivers may be held accountable for the costs of your recovery, as well as the company or corporation they drive for. The last person who should have to worry about hospital bills and lost wages is you. Tell us what happened so that we can help you determine your best path to earning compensation.
Common Injuries In Truck Sideswipe Accidents
There may be several parties who can be held accountable for your accident and that coverage may all be necessary when you consider the severity of many sideswipe truck accident injuries.
Occupants can be subjected to powerful forces and victims can often be trapped inside when their vehicles wind up under a trailer. The very protection an SUV frame provides can be ripped away as a vehicle’s roof is torn off during a sideswipe with an 80,000lb truck.
In some of the worst cases, the resulting injuries can leave victims in need of medical care for the rest of their lives.
Here are some of the more common injuries seen in emergency rooms after sideswipe crashes:
- Spinal Injuries – A spinal cord injury can result in extreme back and neck pain and pressure. Numbness in the extremities can occur as well as a full loss of control of body parts. Impaired breathing is another danger when suffering from a spinal injury.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – TBI occurs after a blow to the head. In sideswipe accidents, victims can take a cranial impact from the door window, a steering wheel, and car seats. Severe concussions can occur. In the hours to come, victims can experience amnesia, seizures, and a loss of control of the bladder and bowels.
- Fractured Bones – Sideswipe impacts can leave victims to deal with broken bones in the legs and arms, ribs, and even a skull fracture.
- Soft Tissue Injury – Penetrating injuries can leave any organ, muscle, or tissue torn or bruised. Blunt force trauma can leave internal damage that can be difficult for even medical professionals to spot.
- Permanent Disability – Severe injuries to limbs may make a surgical amputation necessary. The loss of control of arms or legs may leave victims unable to care for themselves. Blindness and memory loss can also leave a patient with a lifelong disability. This type of consequence can require a full commitment from the auto insurance company involved to provide for the care and medical equipment over a lifetime. Homes must be renovated in order to give the victim the most freedom possible. Victims could require training for an entirely new career if they can no longer perform their duties at a previous job.
Contact a Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Spokane
If you or a loved one are the victims of a serious accident involving a truck you should speak with an experienced Spokane Truck Accident Attorney at CCD Law. Truck accidents can involve multiple insurance companies and victims and family members in need of real help can quickly fall prey to tactics designed to rob them of support.
Established in Spokane in 1948, Crary, Clark, Domanico, & Chuang, P.S. is committed to protecting the victims of accidents in and around Spokane and Northern Idaho. Contact us after any accident resulting in a serious injury for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.