Getting An Accident Report From Post Falls Police

No matter if you’re driving around Post Falls or heading into Spokane or Coeur d’Alene, there are always those motorists who seem to be lost in thought and drifting through lanes or downright reckless and giving little care to the safety of others.

If you find yourself in an accident caused by a careless driver, don’t count on the guilty party’s insurance provider to make it easy for you to get help. Their driver caused the accident, but they can make you feel like everything, including your painful injury, is your own fault.

Contact an Idaho Lawyer with CCD Law to talk over your case. Your first consultation is free and comes with no obligation. We can fill you in on what insurance companies are going to do their best to keep from you.

How to Obtain a Police Report in Post Falls

If you are involved in a vehicle accident in Post Falls you may require a copy of your accident report written up by the investigating officer.

Your first step will be to get a collision report request form on their website (one note, the on-line document will only open directly in explorer, it will not open while using google). You can also pick up a copy by visiting the Post Falls Police office on 1717 E. Polston Avenue.

A completed request can be emailed to or faxed to 208-777-2249. The police department is supposed to respond to a request within three days of getting it. There is generally no charge for copies.

The Department’s Records Custodian is Laura Claffey. If you have further questions she can be reached at

Accident Reports from the Idaho State Police

If your accident is investigated by the Idaho State Police, such as an Interstate 90 crash, you will be going through their website to request an accident report. You can find a request form on their website. You’ll be asked to select the district where your accident occurred. Post Falls and Coeur d’Alene are both in district one.

You’ll fill out the form with as much information on your accident as possible and submit it online. The ISP will respond to you as soon as they can.

Do I need a lawyer after a Post Falls Accident?

If you are involved in a minor accident that mostly involves property damage you likely won’t need an attorney representing you to the insurance company. Car repair claims are pretty standard.

If your accident involved a serious injury you should consider at least talking to a lawyer. Insurance companies don’t have to inform you of all of your rights as a victim. You also may not realize just how much medical care you’ll need in the months to come. Those anticipated costs, along with extended absences from work, should be included in any settlement so that you don’t get stuck with those losses down the road.

CCD Law is licensed to practice in Spokane and Northern Idaho. Give us the chance to represent you and make sure you have everything you’ll need to get back on your feet again.

Get in Touch with Us
Discuss your case with an expert

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

*We will get in touch once we review your submission.