Spokane Construction Accident Lawyer

Although strict federal and state safety laws, such as Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines, have been created to maintain safety in the workplace, dangerous accidents still occur leaving individuals seriously injured.

When you have been injured in a construction site accident, you need the competent and experienced legal assistance of our lawyers at Crary & Domanico, P.S. We represent individuals who have been hurt at work or passing through a construction zone in Spokane and throughout the surrounding Washington and Idaho communities.

CASE SPOTLIGHT: Construction Accident — Falling Debris | Settlement 1.3 Million

Our client, a 51-year old brick mason, was injured when debris fell from a second story window, striking him on the head and back. A lawsuit was brought against the general contractor for failure to properly protect employees on the job site. The client suffered a concussion and minor memory loss. The case settled for 1.3 million just prior to trial.

Types of Construction Sites Around Spokane

There are many types of construction sites in and around Spokane. Some of the more common sites are:

  • Road and highway new construction sites
  • Road/traffic maintenance
  • Sidewalk/curb maintenance
  • Building maintenance/repair
  • Building remodel
  • New building construction
  • Park construction
  • Bike lane/road infrastructure remodel

Spokane County Work Injury Attorneys Who Recognize Your Legal Needs

Our Spokane construction accident attorneys Robert Crary and James Domanico have gained significant legal knowledge and trial experience throughout the past three decades assisting our clients with a wide range of construction accidents, such as:

Click here to take an in-depth look at the most common injuries that result from construction accidents.

Premises Liability

Construction can be on public or private property that is open to the public. With either of these sites, if the public is allowed to be on the site, then the owner or manager of the site owes the public a duty to keep the premises reasonably free of dangerous hazards.

This is true during any open hours and for the entire area open to the public. This duty extends to the construction areas as well. Reasonable safety measures must be employed, and the area needs to be reasonably free of debris and other objects that pose a hazard.

If someone is injured due to a dangerous hazard, then the law places liability on the owner of the property, which may be the government if it is public property. The owner is liable if:

  1. They negligently created the hazard and did nothing to fix it, or
  2. They knew of a hazard and didn’t take reasonable steps to cure or fix it.


If the court finds that the construction site owner didn’t do what a reasonable owner would do to keep the area safe, then the law can compensate the injured person for their financial losses. Some of these common losses that can be awarded are:

  • Medical Bills
  • Rehab Treatment/Equipment
  • Travel
  • Lost Time from Work
  • Future Lost Time from Work
  • Permanent Disability/Disfigurement
  • Pain and Suffering
  • Loss of Consortium (Intimacy, affection etc.)

These are a few and there could be others specific to each case.

Construction accidents are usually caused by the negligence or carelessness of those responsible for site safety, such as contractors, site supervisors and property owners.At Crary & Domanico, P.S., we believe in holding the responsible party accountable for your injuries when you have been severely hurt.

The majority of our clients have suffered debilitating head injuries, spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries. These serious injuries may require years of physical therapy and medical treatment. Regardless of if you have sustained a permanent injury, our team will zealously pursue maximized compensation on your behalf for your pain and suffering, medical costs, property damages and other losses.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I sue my employer for an injury on the job?

If you get hurt at work in Washington state, you can make a claim with the Department of Labor and Industry and you will receive workers’ compensation benefits. The law does not allow an employee to sue their employer for a job-related injury, however, if someone other than your employer was responsible—fully or in part—for your injuries, you can sue that person.

Who do I sue if I’m at a store and get hurt because they are under construction?

Any time someone is injured on another person’s property due to a dangerous condition or hazard at the property, they can sue the owner of the property or the company running a business on that property. In almost all cases, the owner and the operator of a business will have insurance to cover for injuries and damages that come from an accident.

How long do I have to file a lawsuit for an injury at a construction site?

In Washington state, a non-employee victim of an injury at a construction site has three years to file a civil lawsuit for damages from an accident, and this starts from the date of the injury. If the person is an employee, then he or she needs to speak to a workers compensation attorney right away.

Contact Crary & Domanico, P.S., Today

We invite you to contact the law office of Crary & Domanico, P.S. today at 509-926-4900, or e-mail us, to schedule a free and confidential consultation.


Send us an inquiry and we will be happy to give you a consultation!


Get in Touch with Us
Discuss your case with an expert

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

*We will get in touch once we review your submission.